The project consortium consist of teams from two research institutions – the Institute of Information Technologies at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (IIT - BAS) and the Institute of Mathematics and Informatics at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (IMI - BAS), and one high-tech software company – "Active Solutions" Ltd. The project team includes also two foreign consultants, well known among European researchers for their active involvement in research and development activities in the fields of Semantic Web Services and eLearning.
The RTD and training activities of IICT-BAS (www.iict.bas.bg) concern currently investigation and applications of knowledge-based methods for creation and integration of Semantic Web services, as well as for development and use of distributed architectures of multimedia systems for education. Besides the research activities IICT BAS has long-term interests in the technological development of information management and knowledge-based systems, distributed multimedia environments etc.
In the Project IIT-BAS is presented by a team from the Department of Knowledge Management and Processing, consisting of:
- Associate Prof. Dr. Gennady Agre
- Associate Prof. Dr. Danail Dochev
- Associate Prof. Dr. Ivo Marinchev
- Research Associate Ivo Hristov
- Research Associate Kamenka Staykova
- M.Sc. Student Ivan Vassilev
- M.Sc. Student Lilyana Slavkova
The team from IICT-BAS will contribute to the project activities by its competence in:
- Approaches and tools of knowledge and Semantic Web service technologies,
- Design and development of semantic processing systems,
- Models and architectures for organisation of e-Learning processes and digital content;
- Design and development of learning management systems for different application areas and target groups.
The role of IICT-BAS in the project is to develop methods and tool for designing Semantic Web services oriented to eLearning, to design information models and implement learning content description tool, to design and develop method for dynamic composition of Semantic Web services and to participate in the development of the Use Case scenario and the experimentation and evaluation of all the tools, build up during the project.
IMI – BAS (www.math.bas.bg) is developing Information technologies with respect to the global information society, software technologies, digital libraries, presentation and preservation of digital cultural content, multimedia and educational telematics, language technologies. In the project IMI-BAS is presented by a team from the Department of Mathematical Linguistics, consisting of:
- Associate Prof. Dr. Radoslav Pavlov
- Research Associate Desislava Marinova
- Research Associate Lubomil Draganov
- PhD Student Vladimir Georgiev
- PhD Student Lilia Pavlova-Draganova
The team from IMI-BAS will contribute to the project activities by its competence in:
- Models and architectures for development of digital libraries.
- Application of knowledge technologies for intelligent organisation of digital content.
- Development of distributed multimedia systems for presenting and preserving cultural heritage artefacts.
"Active Solutions" Ltd. (www.activesolutions.bg) is a modern software company offering full scope software engineering – requirement analysis, design, programming, testing and implementation of software solutions. In Active Solutions are working professionals with rich experience in information systems.
In the project "Active Solutions" Ltd. is presented by:
- Andrei Boyanov – Software Analyst
- Galya Andonova – Software Analyst
- Nikodim Nikodimov – Software Developer
- Todor Zaynelov – Software Developer
- Desislava Angelova – Software Developer
The team from "Active Solutions" Ltd. contributes to the project activities by its competence in design and development of complex software systems, especially in the field of information indexing and retrieval. Its role in the project is to design and implement methods for effective storage and retrieval of structured information together with repositories for the applied information resources, to participate in development and implementation of methods for dynamic composition of Semantic Web services and to participate actively in the experimentation and evaluation of all the reference tools, build up during the project.